Following on from last week’s finance and benefits theme, read on to find out what Live Life Aberdeenshire Library Service can help with.
One way to save money is to look at how you can get free access to things that you are paying for just now… and if you are currently buying books, magazines, newspapers or music then the library is a great place to start.
One of our Live Life Aberdeenshire sport and physical activity colleagues was recently singing the praises of our library’s RB Digital e-magazines. He’s a fan of sporty titles like Men’s Fitness (including their supplements like Build Rock Hard Abs), Runner’s World UK, Golf Monthly, and Match of the Day magazine. “I’ve saved loads by cancelling my print subscriptions. Now I just download them every month, all free. It’s brilliant!” You can enjoy the same benefits… and if you’re not a library member yet you can join online today.
Find out more about your digital library: https://livelifeaberdeenshire.org.uk/…/digital-landing-page/
From our Overdrive digital library, these e-books about finance are available now:
· Low cost living by John Harrison
· The Three most important lessons you’ve never been taught by Martin Lewis (moneysavingexpert.com)
· The One-page financial plan: a simple way to be smart about your money by Carl Richards
From RB Digital & Press Reader, you can get free access to daily newspapers like The Press & Journal and e-magazines available to download now include Money Week: Britain’s best-selling financial magazine.
You have access to Freegal, Live Life Aberdeenshire’s music streaming service. Stream any of over 10 million hit songs, including Sony Music’s catalogue of artists from Annie Lennox to Usher.
From our book collection, some of the titles that can be ordered when Click & Collect re-starts:
· Mind over money: the psychology of money and how to use it better by Claudia Hammond
· Money lessons: how to manage your finances to get the life you want by Lisa Conway-Hughes
· Open up: the power of talking about money by Alex Holder
If you want to join online, click here or telephone 01467 532929 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday and Sunday 10am-2pm.