Month: July 2020
· Co-ordinate and provide free transport for veterans, helping them to combat loneliness and isolation, and providing access to important services.
· Can provide transport for any age group for essential reasons – this can cover anything from extreme isolation to health appointments and even assistance getting to benefits assessments, advice services, foodbanks etc…
· In short, if the referring partner feels the journey is of an essential nature for a veteran their family, we’ll cover it. We are regularly at CAMHS for veterans’ children.
· Journeys from Inverness, Moray and Aberdeen to Combat Stress or to tribunals in Edinburgh are not unusual either, whether it’s a taxi all the way or help connecting at stations.
- Coverage includes Inverness, Moray, Aberdeen and surrounding areas
For more information and any queries:
This bulletin continues to focus on what is currently happening or in place locally, and also provides information and guidance related to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Click on the link to the bulletin below to find out about the latest updates, including news on public toilet re-openings, phase 3 of lockdown easing guidance and support available within the communities of K & M.
Also, take a cycle tour round Aberdeenshire from the comfort of your own home. Join Live Life Aberdeenshire staff as they cycle round our amazing area. Spot your local landmarks. Who knows, it might inspire you to get your bike and follow in their path!
A chance to share what we know about mental health & wellbeing
in K & M.
Welcome to the third K & M Mental Health & Wellbeing E Bulletin. This month a closer look at the support for teens, students and school leavers.
Of those aged 16 to 29 who say their well-being has been affected by Covid – 19, 76% said that they were bored. Overall, this age group was less likely to be worried about coronavirus generally (17%) than the over – 60’s. Yet they are conversely more likely to report feeling anxious (72%) than the over – 60’s (54%).
Click on the link to have a look at the whole bulletin. There’s lots of information about the support out there for teens, students and school leavers. We hope you enjoy!