The Aberdeenshire Alcohol and Drug Partnership has three Community Forums, North, Central and South, where people meet and create local solutions to local needs around drugs, alcohol and recovery. With a very high level of community engagement, each forum has a dedicated support officer, a budget of £20,000 and a vibrant bunch of local citizen activists.
We currently have a vacancies for a Secretary in our South Community Forum and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this exciting opportunity with interested parties. This is an opportunity to make a huge difference to communities in Aberdeenshire.
The purpose of the role: To provide administrative support to the forum office bearers.
- To attend and minute ADP community forum meetings
- To liaise with forum chair and ADP Community Engagement Officer prior to meeting, circulating any necessary agenda and accompanying papers
- To arrange venues/refreshments for meetings or events and liaise with treasurer on financial requirements for these
- To provide administrative support to the chair and the forum membership in relation to forum aims and objectives
- To act as an administrative focal point for forum members, disseminating information as necessary including uploading information to the ADP web pages and the forum facebook page
- To assist with the promotion of the forum, and its aims and objectives
- To maintain a current and active mailing list of the forum membership
- To manage time in agreement with forum chair and regularly invoice for payment and expenses
- To collate monitoring information as agreed with chair and Community Engagement Officer aimed at evaluating the work of the forum
- To support the process of administering funding application
The forum will encourage and support training required to support the office bearer in their role.
- Experience of minute-taking or willingness to undertake training
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good organisational skills
- IT literate. Experience of Microsoft package. Word essential
- Access to email / internet
- Literacy in use of social media would be desirable
- Understanding and experience or alcohol related issues would be desirable
- Good communication skills
- Friendly nature
The secretary receives an honorarium of £1000 which is paid annually.
You can find more out about the South Forum by Kirsty Forrester (Kirsty.firstname.lastname@example.org) or looking at our website (http://aberdeenshireadp.org.uk/south/) or facebook page (www.facebook/SouthCommunityForum).