Kincardine and Mearns Transport Futures Forum looks at local transport issues affecting our communities in Kincardine and Mearns and explores ideas which could potentially address them. The Forum aims to give a greater voice to transport users from local communities and bring together a range of partners to work together to find solutions.
A group of local people interested in Transport recently gathered at the Forest View Centre in Stonehaven for the inaugural session of the new forum which is intended meet four times a year.
The main points discussed were:
- What does transport look like in Kincardine and Mearns?
- What evidence do we have about transport and transport needs? Do we need to know more?
- Who are the partners who have to play a role – businesses, employers, developers, health services, transport operators including community transport groups?
Early actions decided:
- review of cycle parking facilities in Stonehaven, Portlethen, Laurencekirk and Inverbervie;
- explore community travel plans with the Chapelton development;
- share recent findings on how accessible key services in the area are in terms of passenger transport.
The first meeting got the Forum off to a good start with some very interesting contributions and viewpoints on the table. If you have got a view on transport in your community we would like to hear from you and invite you along to the next meeting to join the discussion. Further details in relation to the next Forum in Portlethen in autumn will be announced here in due course.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org